Friday, June 18, 2010

HOT TOPIC: RESPONSE TO BOSSIP COMMENTS ON VH1's TIONNA SMALLS



On June 17th, Bossip posted these photos of VH1 "What Chilli Wants"  show host Tionna 'Tee' Smalls.  I could only shake my head in disgust while reading some of the comments.  So many people have cruel comments about her looks and size, but I'd just like to bring a few points to the attention of those hating:  


  1. Tionna was photographed on vacation...which I'm guessing was most likely funded by the income she's managed to bring in doing what she loves with her bright personalty, likability & CONFIDENCE.  
  2. Tionna was photographed with her man.  I am not sure about the details of her relationship, but my guess is 70% of the people hating were single and 20% have 'refake-tionships' where there's no real emotion or connection on one end or both.  Whether they work out or not, Tionna's man seems proud to be with her (which I'm sure many of these bitter people haven't experienced).
  3. She was enjoying herself.  We live in a society so stuck on materialistic & shallow things.  Seriously, sometimes it's okay to let go & enjoy life for what it is...not what people think your life should be.
  4. When will we learn that our weight doesn't make us?  Imagine if Oprah listened to all the things people said she couldn't/wouldn't be able to do because she didn't "look the part".  She'd be right along with these people senselessly hating instead of giving her employees $10,000 checks just because!
  5. Let's strive to be happy for a fellow woman who's confident, doing well & happy (be they big or small)!  Do your thing Tionna!
Credit: VH1.com/BET.com


9 comments:

  1. THANK YOU... well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tionna! They are jsut a bunch of insecure losers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said author!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Tionna(TT)big or small! I've seen her in all sizes and I watched her grow from a little bitty girl into the woman y'all see before you.I am so proud of her and her success. I knew she'd be somethin' when she grew up, especially with her tell it like it is mouth. Love You TT!<3 See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Too many people try to tear others down because of their own insecurities! Tionna is successful because of WHO she is not what she looks like...isn't that what we want as women? Or do we want to look up to women like Nikki Minaj who become successful just because of having a nice body rather than actual talent. I don't care if she's a size 2 or 22 give that girl her respect! So again thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the great comments! I feel so strongly about everyone being able to feel free to be ourselves. You guys rock!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tionna got her thing going on, I am glad she knows who she is and what she wants to do in life so to the haters that's why you are where you are at now doing nothing if you were busy doing you and was as confident as she is you wouldn't have time to worry about her KEEP DOING YOU TIONNA YOU ROCK.......YOUR GODMOTHER MS. ROZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that was beautifully said,I think be happy whatever size you want and just be healthy. Tionna seems healthy and happy being with her man and making moves to make their life better. Its a shame that people feel like they have to tear people down in order to make themselves feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Big Apple Dream says tell the haters to take a seat and get it in like Tionna has. Tionna has taken a chance and it payed off and more people need to be like her. The ones that are hating live within the box but Tionna is now living outside the box and has become successful. I presently live outside the box with tuffluvventertainment.com and hope that my thinking outside the box will be successful as it has for Tionna. I think she is one of the most beautiful women on television right now

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails